Please consider donating to Behind the Black, by giving either a one-time contribution or a regular subscription, as outlined in the tip jar below. Your support will allow me to continue covering science and culture as I have for the past twenty years, independent and free from any outside influence.
Regular readers can support Behind The Black with a contribution via paypal:
If Paypal doesn't work for you, you can support Behind The Black directly by sending your donation by check, payable to Robert Zimmerman, to
Behind The Black
c/o Robert Zimmerman
Cortaro, AZ 85652
I have been collecting stories over the past two weeks that highlight the horrible spread of bigotry and prejudice, based merely on race, on many of today’s college campuses. Here are a few of those stories.
- St. Olaf College Students Protest Racist Acts on Campus
- St. Olaf: Report of racist note on black student’s windshield was ‘fabricated’
- Texas A&M Professor says white people may have to be killed
- Recordings show Texas A&M prof endorsing anti-white violence in class
- Hawaii prof demands that colleges ‘stop hiring white cis men’
- Columbia hosts 6 ‘multicultural graduation ceremonies’
- American University agrees to extension on exams, ‘sanctuary’ for students of color
- American University blocks whites from cafe designated as ‘sanctuary’ for nonwhites
- Black student group at University of California-Santa Cruz threatens more campus takeovers if additional demands not met
- Yale dean placed on leave for racist Yelp reviews
- UCLA paying students to fight ‘whiteness,’ ‘patriarchy’
This list includes colleges in numerous states, from ivy league institutions to public colleges and private universities. Worse, in every case it appears that the school administrations either actively support the bigotry, condone it, or passively do nothing to oppose it.
This list of course is hardly complete. However, I compiled it to illustrate that the daily stories coming from today’s college campuses illustrate a frightening trend that can be seen across the entire country. What is horrifying is that I compiled it in just a little over a week. I have no doubt that should I continue compiling the list I will find that the list of colleges supporting this bigoted behavior, almost all of which is illegal under the Civil Rights Act (not to mention morally repugnant), will grow significantly. I expect that every college in the United States that takes federal dollars is dominated by this race-based hate. Worse, that hate is growing and becoming more violent and fearless in its blatant desire to oppress those it hates.
The time has come to cut off all tax dollars to these places. Donations from alumni should cease. Parents should refuse to send their children there.
If we do not stand up against this evil, it will soon consume us. The warning signs are there. And it has happened before. We will have no one to blame but ourselves if we do nothing.