Below is only a small sampling of the many stories I have been reading in the past two weeks that clearly signal the end of freedom and western civilization. Tolerance for opposing viewpoints is dying, even as our academic community descends into insanity.
- Anti-Defamation League says numbers 1, 2, 12, 13, and 18 are racist
- US prepares to cede key role for internet
- The Perilous Whiteness of Pumpkins
- Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask to Black Lives Matter protest
- University’s ‘Hate Response Team’ Called To Investigate ‘Offensive’ Christian Cross
- Anti-gun-control video project gets H.S. student suspended
- Video Shows the Violent Difference Between All Lives Matter and Black Lives Matter Supporters
- You’re an Idiot and a Lunatic for Questioning ‘Safe Spaces,’ ‘Microagression,’ Says President of Northwestern
The last story is especially depressing. The head of a university advocates the idea that students shouldn’t be forced to hear ideas they don’t like, that they shouldn’t be exposed to any thoughts or statements that might offend them. He then proceeds to insult and denigrate anyone who disagrees with him. This is a man in charge of a university! I read this, as well as the other stories, and realize that the coming dark age is coming far sooner than anyone imagines.
Please consider donating to Behind the Black, by giving either a one-time contribution or a regular subscription, as outlined in the tip jar below. Your support will allow me to continue covering science and culture as I have for the past twenty years, independent and free from any outside influence.
Regular readers can support Behind The Black with a contribution via paypal:
If Paypal doesn't work for you, you can support Behind The Black directly by sending your donation by check, payable to Robert Zimmerman, to
Behind The Black
c/o Robert Zimmerman
Cortaro, AZ 85652