The tenth anniversary retrospective of Behind the Black continues: Though tonight’s essay was written in June 2017 it still applies today. The mindless hate that moves the left has now escalated beyond Trump and the Republican Party to encompass all of American history.
It’s the hate, not the violence
The last few days have probably been the ugliest I have ever seen in American culture. Not only was an attempt made to commit mass murder against a group of Republican elected officials, the response from too many mainstream Democrats has generally been tone deaf and even supportive of the violence. Worse, the violence appears to be on-going, with no sign of relief.
- ‘Hunt’ Republicans, says Union County Democrat in response to shooting
- Congressional staffers boo Trump at unity baseball game
- New Civility: Nebraska Democrat Doubles Down on Saying Republicans Getting Shot “Was Funny”
- Patti LuPone Refuses to Perform for Trump: ‘I Hate the M**********r’ [emphasis mine]
- Several shots fired at truck flying ‘Make America Great Again’ flag on I-465
- Powder-Filled Letters With Threatening Notes Shut Down Georgia Republican’s Neighborhood
- Rep. Claudia Tenney receives threat tied to shooting, Republican health plan
My list is hardly complete. The stories above are only a small sampling of the ugly stuff I have read since the shooting on June 14. The best I have seen from some Democrats is a hint that maybe they have let their rhetoric get out of hand, but even here they often backtrack to blame Republicans and only Republicans for the shooting.
» Read more