How governments today determine policy
When looked at dispassionately, the news about COVID in the past few months has consistently proven two very basic points. First, the reasons to fear COVID are now definitely gone, assuming they ever existed at all. Second, the oppressive lockdown and mask policies imposed by most governments were an epic failure.
Rather than write a lot of text, I am going to provide my readers instead a nice linkfest, divided up into a variety of subcategories. Not only do the recent facts prove the failure of the government reaction to COVID, all these stories should be cause for celebration, as they show that not only has the Wuhan flu never been as dangerous as the fear-mongers have claimed, its limited but serious threat to the aged and sickly is now also fading.
The real question is whether the public and governments will actually celebrate, or stick their heads in the sand because they have fallen in love with their fear of COVID.
So, let’s take a look at the recent facts:
The end of the epidemic
- Two studies find Omicron varient far less dangerous
- WHO sees more evidence that omicron causes milder symptoms
- Japanese/American study suggests omicron symptoms more mild due to less lung damage
- Hong Kong study finds Omicron more infectious but with less severe infection in lungs
All research has found that though Omicron spreads fast, for most people they are either asypmtomatic, or experience something no worse than an ordinary cold. In fact, if we weren’t so focused on documenting this disease so obssessively, we would probably not even notice this new wave, and would have as in the past merely noted that “something appears to be going around.”
The studies also appear to show that Omicron is taking over from past varients, thus eliminating most of the danger from this virus.
All in all, the data shows the epidemic is over.
The failure of the vaccines
- Omicron Evades mRNA Booster Protection, South African Study Shows
- In rare cases, coronavirus vaccines may cause Long Covid–like symptoms
- Bhakdi/Burkhardt pathology results show 93% of people who died after being vaccinated were killed by the vaccine
- Milestone: Over 1M adverse event reports in VAERS from the COVID vaccine
- Data: Vaccines don’t stop COVID, but COVID is not that dangerous
- CDC Director: Vaccines No Longer Prevent You From Spreading COVID
- CDC Says Natural Immunity Outperformed Vaccines Against Delta Strain
Apparently, we have just completed one of the largest medical experiments of a new drug in history, and found that it is not relatively ineffective, it can be harmful — especially to the young — and should probably not have been administered.
The continuing failure of masks
None of the facts in the links below are really new. The uselessness of masks to protect against viruses has been documented for more than a century. That they also can be socially, mentally, and physically harmful if used improperly has also been known for decades.That government health departments have demanded their indiscriminate use for the past two years suggests an utter ignorance and incompetency on their part.
- Prominent medical journals highlight harm to children from masks, death risk from COVID vaccines
- Study: A mask can expose children to dangerous levels of carbon dioxide in just 3 minutes
- Former Biden COVID adviser concedes cloth masks ‘are not very effective’
- Report: Mask Mandates Causing Over 350% Surge In Childhood Speech Delays.
- NIH Director Admits: NO DATA on Masking Kids — but We’re Recommending it, Anyway
The last story simply proves what I wrote above, that health authorities have shown their utter ignorance and incompetency by their demands that masks be used.
- COVID deaths in Portugal vastly overcounted, not 17,000 but 152
- Israeli vaccine chief: “We have made mistakes”
- EEU Regulators, WHO Call for End to COVID Boosters, Citing Evidence Strategy Is Failing
- Britain Ends All COVID Passports, Mask Mandates, Work Restrictions
The last story was essentially an admission at last by the Tory government of Great Britain that none of its lockdown and mask mandates were accomplishing anything. This basic fact has similarly been proven in the U.S., when you compare the situations in states like Florida and New York. Florida ended all lockdowns and mandates a long time ago, and has seen its COVID numbers drop as it reached herd immunity quickly. New York has continued to impose the most stringent rules, and its infection and death rate has skyrocketed.
I could post hundreds of more links under this category, but since I have been documenting these failures for the past two years, it seems pointless.
Would you throw the Kirwood Derby away?
To sum all these stories up, the oppressive policies instituted by governments to stop the spread of COVID were an unmitigated failure, and in general caused far more harm than anything the virus has done. Those policies should now cease, worldwide, as they have in Great Britain. And the officials who imposed them should be removed from any position of governmental authority, forever.
But most important, the epidemic is over. COVID is no longer a threat. Stop panicking. Go back to living your life normally.
And if you won’t, then stop demanding that others join you in your childish panic. You might want to throw the Kirwood Derby away and remain dumb, but everyone else would rather wear it and be smart.
Now available in hardback and paperback as well as ebook!
From the press release: In this ground-breaking new history of early America, historian Robert Zimmerman not only exposes the lie behind The New York Times 1619 Project that falsely claims slavery is central to the history of the United States, he also provides profound lessons about the nature of human societies, lessons important for Americans today as well as for all future settlers on Mars and elsewhere in space.
Conscious Choice: The origins of slavery in America and why it matters today and for our future in outer space, is a riveting page-turning story that documents how slavery slowly became pervasive in the southern British colonies of North America, colonies founded by a people and culture that not only did not allow slavery but in every way were hostile to the practice.
Conscious Choice does more however. In telling the tragic history of the Virginia colony and the rise of slavery there, Zimmerman lays out the proper path for creating healthy societies in places like the Moon and Mars.
“Zimmerman’s ground-breaking history provides every future generation the basic framework for establishing new societies on other worlds. We would be wise to heed what he says.” —Robert Zubrin, founder of founder of the Mars Society.
All editions are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and all book vendors, with the ebook priced at $5.99 before discount. The ebook can also be purchased direct from my ebook publisher, ebookit, in which case you don't support the big tech companies and I get a bigger cut much sooner.
Autographed printed copies are also available at discount directly from me (hardback $24.95; paperback $14.95; Shipping cost for either: $5.00). Just email me at zimmerman @ nasw dot org.