Leftwing civility: A fourteen year old girl has been swamped with death threats after testifying before the Maryland state legislature in opposition to gay marriage. A handful of examples:
- “And now everyone knows her name, so hopefully she will feel what its like to be harassed and bullied…” reads a comment posted on LGBTNation.com
- From YouTube: “My god I hate people like this. Most (not all) Americans are [expletive] retards. If I ever see this girl, I will kill her. That’s a promise.”
- Other entries: “Her parents should be exterminated.”
- “The [sic] is why abortion must stay legal – to prevent little bigots like this from being Born…”
- “Kill this child and his [sic] parent, for my 11 birthday would be a wonderful gift, thanks.”
The issue here is not gay marriage, but the threatening, hateful behavior of too many of those who support it. She speaks out in disagreement, and the response isn’t to debate the point but to try to shut her up, in any way possible.