The fix for Hillary Clinton is IN


Please consider donating to Behind the Black, by giving either a one-time contribution or a regular subscription, as outlined in the tip jar to the right. Your support will allow me to continue covering science and culture as I have for the past twenty years, independent and free from any outside influence.

The law is for little people: The head of the FBi today spoke to reporters, outlining in detail how Hillary Clinton and her aides repeatedly broke the law in their use of her private server to send and receive classified State Department emails. Because of these facts, he of course concluded that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges, and therefore will not make any recommendations to the Department of Justice.

You can read his entire surreal statement here.

As noted correctly here, “The cover-up is now finished.” Or as this writer noted recently

Now it seems we actually have a new social contract – do what we say and don’t resist, and in return we’ll abuse you, lie about you, take your money, and look down upon you in contempt. What a bargain!

It’s not a social contract anymore – American society today is a suicide pact we never agreed to and yet we’re expected to go first.

I say “No.”

We owe them nothing – not respect, not loyalty, not obedience. Nothing.

We make it easy for them by going along. We make it simple by defaulting to the old rules. But there are no rules anymore, certainly none that morally bind us once we are outside the presence of some government worker with a gun to force our compliance. There is only will and power and we must rediscover our own. If there is no cop sitting right there, then there is nothing to make you stop at that stop sign tonight.

They don’t realize that by rejecting the rule of law, they have set us free. We are independent. We owe them nothing – not respect, not loyalty, not obedience. But with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we will still mutually pledge those who have earned our loyalty with their adherence to the rule of law, our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

It is especially ironic that the FBI’s announcement that it was going to help cover-up illegal activity by a high government official was made one day after the Fourth of July.

44 comments

  • Phill O

    From the FBI backing off now (because they know the AG has made a deal will Bill) does that leave it open to press charges if Trump gets in? If they pressed charges now, the AG would not pursue and then Trump could do nothing?

  • Cotour

    It is now up to Trump (or whom ever turns out to be the Republican candidate (?) ) to take this information and turn it into political capital and prosecute Hillary in the public forum. The public imagery has been cast.

    Hillary exists in the political world, she obviously has demonstrated without doubt that she (and her associates) have little to no interest in the security of our country. Dereliction of duty and her fiduciary as the Secretary of State to the extreme IMO.

    Is guilt or legal responsibility / problems now to be determined by some amorphous “intent” that is to be established by someone who may or may not have a personal / career interest in someone else’s future? Is this a new legal standard that will emerge from this? (That’s a trick question, we all know that if the FBI were to investigate someone in the public based on the same facts what the end result would be)

    WE ARE CAPTIVE.

  • Phill O

    What possible reason is there now to lay down ones life for their country?

  • wayne

    Cotour– some good points. This is now completely in the political realm.

    Legally, this is over with. I like Trey Goudy, but he totally botched his investigation. No special-prosecutor or grand-jury, evidence has gone missing, stories have been totally coordinated, etc., etc.
    This should come as no surprise to anyone, even though Obama hates the Clintons.
    None of these people, will ever be called to account for their actions. And don’t forget–Obama & the Executive branch control thousands of political appointees & civil-servants. This is just the tip of a huge iceberg, and Mitch/Ryan are right on board with everything.

  • Cotour

    Phill O:

    Part of the disassembly of America by Leftists / Globalists / internationalists / “Fundamental Changeists” is the destruction of patriotism and knowing for sure what our country is about. With all of these doubtful and counter intuitive and plain un American decisions made by our politicians and their seeming unwillingness to ferociously confront their political opponents there becomes the feeling of doubt and helplessness that creates the apathy that is needed for a complete take over. (not to sound too conspiratorial)

    Like it or not the only solution remains the massive participation in the election process at the polls, no matter what those who are not happy with things as they are must ensure that Hillary not become president. I think that the Brexit vote may indicate that voters physically at the ballot box can still make the difference.

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/final-analysis-gop-primary-turnout-62-year-dem-primary-turnout-21-year/

  • Cotour

    Wayne:

    I think the real tale will be told by Trumps VP pick.

    If he chooses Christy or some other BS candidate then you know he has decided to lay down and things are going to be as per specification. If he chooses a power house with real gravitas then there may still be American flavored hope still alive in the world.

    Trust none of them.

  • Cotour

    Because Comey can not find a “similar” case to this case “no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges”.

    Comey takes a middle ground political position on this particular case, although he plainly lays out all of the reasons to find for a charge he come to the conclusion that a “reasonable prosecutor” would not bring charges.

    So anyone who creates some scenario that has never been seen before, does that mean that there can not ever be any charges brought by a prosecutor? No matter how devastating to security or deadly the actions be?

    Two standards have again been created for the public and the political class.

    Its all up to the public now and how they choose to vote.

  • wayne

    Not to get all tangential- but a positive development in Colorado last week of June, for the Republican Senate primary.

    Darryl Glenn beat out the rino, despite heavy opposition from Mitch/Ryan.

    No matter whom you support for President in November,let us all agree we need to help Colorado put this man into the Senate.
    (His website is transitioning from Primary to Senate campaign but any search of his name will bring him up, and he does the FB thing.)

  • Phill O

    Cotour “Like it or not the only solution remains the massive participation in the election process at the polls, no matter what those who are not happy with things as they are must ensure that Hillary not become president. I think that the Brexit vote may indicate that voters physically at the ballot box can still make the difference.”

    Sure hope Americans show up and have their voice! How to keep the Mexicans from voting?

  • Chris L

    I have to admit to having mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I’m mad and sad that the rule of law is dead for the moment. On the other hand, the alternative is Donald Trump.

    The thing is, this might actually help Trump, as I’m hearing some folks talk about voting for Trump as a big FU to the elites. I’m not one of those, but I think the sentiment is likely to grow. People who were ready to stay home in November may now be pissed off enough to vote against Hillary, even if that means getting President Trump.

  • Edward

    As nears as I can tell, the official position of the FBI is that some people are above the law.

    Comey has declared that it is OK that Clinton did all of these things, but if any of the rest of us do any of them, the FBI will come down on us like a tonne of bricks. When I received my secret clearance, it was made extremely clear to me that I would go to prison for being negligent or careless with any secret information, yet Clinton was this way with much more sensitive information than I had access to and would have been imprisoned for, had I performed such actions.

    Clinton did much worse than Petraeus, and even did much worse than Snowden, yet those two are definitely criminals, in the government’s eye, while Clinton is merely an incompetent, careless, negligent, bungling, stupid idiot (with apologies to the stupid and idiot communities for comparing them to her).

    That she instructed someone to remove the classification information from a document she wanted sent to her unsecured server shows not negligence, but actual intent to do wrong.

    Comey has demonstrated that this is now a nation of men, where who you *are* (or who your friends are) determines how the law is applied, not a nation of laws, where the law is applied equally to all, no matter who you are or what political position you hold.

    Back in the Nixon days, even the president was not above the law. Now an ex-secretary is above the law.

    Welcome to Obama’s America, land of the corrupt government.

  • Cotour

    ” incompetent, careless, negligent, bungling, stupid idiot (with apologies to the stupid and idiot communities for comparing them to her).”

    High recommendations for the position that she seeks. (sarcasm)

    I listened to James Kalstrom and Rudy Guliani today, Kalstrom was high level FBI and Giuliani was a federal prosecutor, they are both very, very critical of Comey’s conclusions and attending actions or lack or actions.

    One must ask why someone of such a high standing would go where he went? Fear of retribution? Fear of loss of income and opportunity after his career ends? Keeping in mind that there are other investigations involving the oppressed and victim of the on going vast republican conspiracy, Hillary Clinton and her self named Clinton Foundation and the many millions / billions of dollars that have been poured into it (that money does not just appear without reason) And he did not mention whether Hillary answered the questions asked on Saturday truthfully.

    Or maybe the die is cast from the FBI’s point of view and it just falls to the people who must give her the thumbs up or down in November. (this entire fiasco in the end just verifies her negative image in the eyes of the public so its up to who ever she faces in the election to literally prosecute her with extreme prejudice)

  • Edward

    “One must ask why someone of such a high standing would go where he went?”

    I thought that I had answered that question with the “land of the corrupt government” statement. Comey is just as corrupt as the rest of them.

    We can no longer count on the FBI to be free of corruption, but then again, the rest of the Justice Department has been corrupt since Obama installed Eric Holder. When the impartial parts of government become partisan, we are in deep, deep trouble. We know that we are now in a nation of men, not a nation of laws — Obama’s America.

    “High recommendations for the position that she seeks. (sarcasm)”

    She and her opponent-apparent are headed to the same destination. One will take the high road and the other will take the low road, and one might be there afore the other, but they and their tyranny will ever meet again, on the bonnie, bonnie banks of Washington. (With great apologies to Scotland and the Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond.)

  • wayne

    FBI Director has a 10 year term.

  • Edward

    Cotour,
    From your linked article: “In West’s view, the FBI just dealt a major blow to the Democratic Party.”

    Maybe, but at the expense of justice and the rule of law.

    My admiration for Allen West just dropped a notch. VP consideration? I don’t think I would vote for him, anymore.

    Ted Cruz’s instinctive reaction is reassuring. He should be the Republican (conservative) nominee, this year.

    West’s reasoning is Democratic (uppercase D) in nature, that the end justifies the injustice. He also fails to acknowledge that the beneficiary of this ruling — the Republican Party — is now another branch of the Democratic Party. This year, it makes no difference which of the major parties we vote for, or which of their nominees we elect, the end is tyranny over We the People.

    What’s more, Cotour, since you also favor the end justifying the means, you may not be as conservative as you think you are.

  • Cotour

    I understand the ends justify the means, Allen West also understands it and is just making and appreciating an observation about strategy.

    I know recognizing the uncomfortable reality of the messy politics of the day upsets you, it upsets me, but recognizing it and appreciating some of the resulting lemonade that may emerge from it really does not have to mean what you suggest.

    “Ted Cruz’s instinctive reaction is reassuring. He should be the Republican (conservative) nominee, this year.”

    Who knows, you never know what might happen this year. Its crazy now and I expect it to get much crazier.

  • wayne

    Edward:
    My admiration for West has dropped as well. What’s up the lefty leaning biden/warren narrative he spouts? Is he auditioning for a new job on FOX or what?

  • Cotour

    West postulates that if Hillary is essentially taken out because she has an indictment hanging over her head then Biden would be the go to pol that Obama would replace her with. And he suggests that Warren would be the obvious crowd pleasing VP pick. I agree with him.

    He is not supporting or promoting Biden but he thinks that he would be vastly more likable to Clinton and he may be the harder candidate to beat because he is more likable. West did not say that that is who he would like to support. You have misinterpreted his thoughts on the subject.

  • Edward

    Cotour,
    You wrote: “He is not supporting or promoting Biden …”

    Duh. He *is* supporting the idea that it is not so bad that Clinton gets away with many crimes, each of which are so bad that any one of them would put any of the rest of us in prison.

    You wrote: “You have misinterpreted his thoughts on the subject.”

    My interpretation was: “West’s reasoning is Democratic (uppercase D) in nature, that the end justifies the injustice.”

    From the linked article: “‘I can’t thank Director Comey enough for coming to this decision,’ … However, James Comey just delivered a gift wrapped with a bow.”

    A gift wrapped with a bow. How is that comment by West *not* justifying Comey’s decision to allow Clinton to get away with crimes worse than Nixon’s?

    You wrote: “I know recognizing the uncomfortable reality of the messy politics of the day upsets you, it upsets me, but recognizing it and appreciating some of the resulting lemonade that may emerge from it really does not have to mean what you suggest.”

    The “messy politics” was not intended to help the Republican Party. West is the only person to make that suggestion. No, I stand corrected. You, Cotour, are the only one suggesting that the decision was intended to be political lemonade to help the Republican Party. West is only showing the lemonade and suggesting that allowing a felon to go scot-free is justified by the ends reached. A gift, not an injustice to be lamented.

    Once again, giving up principles does nothing to reach your goals, because the goal is to have the principles and live by them. To accept the corruption at any time steps over the the line to the dark-side. To accept the new position over the line tempts you to go a little further in order to get what you want. Then a little further, and further, until eventually you can not longer even see the line behind you.

    This is how the Republican Party turned itself into the Democratic Party. They accepted the violation of their principles until they forgot what their principles were. They now accept the liberal Democrats’ principles as their own, and West has joined with them in this acceptance. This kind of acceptance by so many people is why America has become the tyranny that it is.

    This is why the answer to “kill baby Hitler” question is always no. It may *seem* like the right thing to do, but you become your own kind of Hitler if you say yes.

  • wayne

    Cotour:
    Didn’t misinterpret him at all. Floating Biden & Warren as a white-knight over Clinton, has been a constant rino-establishment theme since last year. It’s pure inside the beltway crap-o-la and “analysis” by the talking head punditry-class. I’m surprised West would parrot that Theme.

    –Just whom exactly, believes Joe Biden or Lizzie Warren are likeable?

    The Democrat Party will close ranks behind Clinton. Mitch/Ryan will do absolutely nothing, — they will whine for a few days & have some phony “hearing’s,” but that ship has sailed, exactly as they intended.
    –Tangent but don’t want to morph this into a Trump thread; Caught the Trump speech yesterday on C-Span. Lots of pandering to Bernie supporters and in literally his next few sentences, stated he’s confident he can win, without the “unity” thing amongst Republicans. (Some bizarre love-fest between Trump & Corker at the start of the speech as well. Corker or Ernst…. as even possible VP picks? I thought Trump hated the “stupid-people” who engineered the Iran Non-Treaty? That would be Corker, who along with Mitch ensured the Iran Non Treaty would never be considered a Treaty.)

  • Localfluff

    Nothing could’ve been better for Trump than this. Oh, well, something might be and could turn up, he kind of has luck in unlikely ways. But Hillary is the best possible counter candidate he could run against. Imagine if a regular investigation was in place and mumbled on over time while everyone looses interest in it. Now it is lyin’ crooked Hillary protected by her rigged establishment system. Exactly what Trump has been talking about all the time.

    Has Trump bribed her to play her role in his theater? Or is she really this stupid? I doubt he would waste money on bribes, he gets people to do what he wants anyway for free. They pay him and feel happy about it. Imagine if Trump was running against Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden. That would be boring politics as usual. Now it is a fight against the devil herself, against the very symbol for the establishment which everyone loves to hate. If the Democratic party has any honor or will to power they must replace Hillary with pretty much anyone. But I don’t think they do. This game can very well be as stupid as it looks. And Trump just walks in and takes it over by improvisation. So easy.

  • Edward

    wayne,
    At this point, I would not be surprised if Clinton and Trump chose each other for their VP picks. After all, the fix for Hillary Clinton is IN.

    Heck, even if this is not legal, we now know that rules, laws, and the Constitution only apply to the rest of us, whenever it benefits the ruling class, but do not apply to the ruling class, unless it benefits them. The ruling class is now above the law.

    Comey made sure of that.

  • wayne

    Edward:
    initially missed your 7:17pm comment, but totally agree & well said.
    –In this current Alternative Universe, A Trump/Clinton, Clinton/Trump ticket, would not totally surprise me. (at which point I would ask Mr. Z more specific questions about living in Belize, “in a van, down by the river,” or possibly in a cave.)
    We are definitely in “Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found” territory. It makes Great Theater on TV, but I gave up on 90% of national-news and in no way feel under-informed.
    I took West’s comment in a similar realm as you did. Maybe he did not intend it that way, but that is the way I took it. For me, his remarks don’t reflect well on him & I need to look into his record further.
    LocalFluff-man; interesting take with your trademark flair, and with some points I do agree.
    Nobody is who they appear to be, but one thing I am absolutely positive; none of them have my, or the Country’s, best interests, at heart.
    They just don’t.
    Clinton however, is not stupid or bribed– she’s devious, diabolical, & has a lot of power/money at her disposable. And she has the acquiescence of our Republican ‘leaders’ in the Senate and House. (and, Trump gave her money. Not a dime for Conservative’s but thousands for liberal Statists.)

  • Cotour

    Both Wayne and Edward: Having principles is essential and admirable, but there is a difference between having principles and refusing to recognize the reality of the situation that is being presented to you. West recognizes the positive aspects of the situation, nothing more nothing less.

    The both of you are a bit stiff here and as an extension your arguments become unreasonable and ridiculous.

    Allen West is a fine and experienced person and we would all be better of as Americans if there were many more like him as our neighbor and in government. Consider yourselves re-instructed on this subject.

  • wayne

    Cotour– oh, come on man!
    I don’t need billionaires or their acolytes to “instruct me.” Can’t speak for Edward, but I’m highly confident he doesn’t need to be “reinstructed” either.

    I suggest we take this up in another thread, undoubtedly Mr. Z will eventually post a topic more directly related.

    This election cycle is not a total waste–I’m finding out who among the “conservative” crowd I can actually trust.
    That being said–I won’t throw West completely under the bus, until I know a bit more. It does however strike me as a bit odd.

  • Cotour

    Allen West’s (and my) point about the lemonade that is the result of Comey’s actions begin to appear already.

    http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/clinton-untrue-statements-fbi-comey-225216

    This does not mean that either of us support lawlessness or that we are now liberal / leftist operatives either. Hillary will pay one way or another.

    Like I said, consider yourselves re-instructed.

  • wayne

    Cotour:
    No “re-instructed” needed on my part.

    – I’ll just end with one of my favorite, dead, white, male, person;
    (William Butler Yeats )

    “Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.”

  • Cotour

    We are in the process of reconciling our system. Your position, as is Edwards, suggests that our system was perfectly formed from the beginning and we have drifted from that perfection. That is a false interpretation of reality, that is not so. It has always been and will always be chaotic!

    Our system is a continuing chaotic push and pull, up and down all moving forward through time and our intent related to it manifests itself as an average of that push and pull, up and down. What makes us different? Our founding documents, their concepts guide what we manifest.

    Both your narrow interpretations of what is constantly underway is not accurate, we live within chaos and sometimes its more organized than other times and sometimes it is less organized, it is not as you narrowly portray it.

    On the positive side Comey has delivered Hillary in a way that was not expected by her or her supporters, and that is an expression of the unknowable positive things that can issue forth from the chaotic and unknowable.

    Comey rode a fine line between doing his job and delivering a corrupt politician (how ever he justified it) who happens to be uniquely situated within the political world. Like it or not she does occupy a unique position. Lets be optimistic that the people who will judge her in November do what they are ultimately charged with, making an example of and disciplining and guiding those who lead them.

  • wayne

    Cotour:
    we will just have to agree, that we disagree, on some but not all the points in this thread.

  • Edward

    Cotour wrote: “there is a difference between having principles and refusing to recognize the reality of the situation”

    The reality of the situation is that we are fast running out of people who will stick to their principles. The American Way is being rapidly eroded by these evil, heinous, power-hungry statists, and we have very little going on our side for a political solution.

    “West recognizes the positive aspects of the situation, nothing more nothing less.”

    West has caved-in to the problem. The solution is *NOT* to turn Democratic. That is how we got into this mess in the first place. *THAT* is the reality of the situation.

    “your arguments become unreasonable and ridiculous.”

    Favoring the rule of law; a nation of laws, not of men; rejecting tyranny has become unreasonable and ridiculous? What is *wrong* with you?

    “Consider yourselves re-instructed on this subject.”

    Ah, that is what is wrong with you. You are the instructor at the communist’s reeducation camp. Yes, comrade, I hear but disobey.

    It is too bad that you and millions of people like you take the easy way out and accept the latest tyrannical development. You may be willing to re-instruct yourself to follow that latest dictates and fundamental changes, but I am not.

    I would re-instruct you as to how America is supposed to work, but you have already been taken over by a pod and are now pointing and screaming at the non-conformists:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo (1/2 minute)

    “Hillary will pay one way or another.”

    It would have been correct and proper if she had paid for it under the law, not as some side discussion that goes away next week — as all these fracking discussions do when yet *another* Democratic/Obama atrocity occurs. As it is, the “price” looks like water that flows off her Teflon, orange jumpsuit.

    Cotour,
    You wrote: “Your position, as is Edwards, suggests that our system was perfectly formed from the beginning and we have drifted from that perfection.”

    What a load of road apples (horse stuff)! Indeed, *you* are the one who is falsely interpreting the reality of wayne’s and my position. We caught you at it. That you have to resort to such low tactics gives away that you do not believe that you can win the argument with facts, but must resort to emotion, like any good Democrat does.

    Our system may have an amount of chaos, but it is most definitely *NOT* supposed to ignore law and order or the rule of law. That West is willing to accept such a grievous miscarriage of justice only reflects badly upon him. THAT is the reality of the situation.

    There are three purposes for government. The second is the peaceful resolution of disputes. The dispute over whether Clinton is a felon has not been resolved so much as ignored by the government. Indeed, the felonious acts were described, and a warning given to the rest of us that We the People would be tried and convicted for performing any one of the things that Clinton is getting away with, scot-free.

    Do you actually want to live in *that* kind of a chaotic nation? Because you are attempting to reeducate us into accepting a nation of people, not a nation of laws. This is *NOT* a narrow interpretation; a nation of laws was the American way, before you decided we should all accept this fundamentally transformed America; transformed into the chaos you describe.

    “Comey rode a fine line between doing his job and delivering a corrupt politician”

    Cotour! His job *IS* to deliver corrupt politicians, no matter who they are or what their unique situations! What the hell do you think that his job is? This is yet another part of your acceptance that this is now a nation of people, where some people are above the law, based upon their political situation or cronies, and you are willing to let that injustice stand.

    “Lets be optimistic that the people who will judge her in November do what they are ultimately charged with”

    How has that hope worked out for you, so far?

    Oh, that’s right. You are still much more the Democrat, whence you (too recently) came, than the conservative that you claim to be, so you don’t mind that none of the hopes that we have had, so far, have ever gone the hoped-for way. In fact, they have gone the way of the Democrat, which to you, still seems to be the correct way.

  • wayne

    Edward: well stated.

  • Cotour

    “The reality of the situation is that we are fast running out of people who will stick to their principles.”

    No we are not.

    “West has caved-in to the problem. The solution is *NOT* to turn Democratic. ”

    Recognizing is not conforming.

    “Ah, that is what is wrong with you. You are the instructor at the communist’s reeducation camp. ”

    Again, ridiculous and more over, hysterical.

    ““Hillary will pay one way or another.””

    You refuse to accept that she happens to exist in the political realm at the moment and must be judged by the people and not by the law that you and I would be subject to. This is an A typical situation and is being dealt with accordingly.

    “that you have to resort to such low tactics gives away that you do not believe that you can win the argument with facts, but must resort to emotion, like any good Democrat does.”

    You have entirely twisted Wests (and my) position, and on top of that you have defamed him, not me. Hence your continuing designation of I.D. (intellectually dishonest) which really surprises me.

    In the end you refuse to see Hillary’s situation as being unique, at least for the time being anyway as the facts indicate, that is a mistake. But like I and West have pointed out she has been delivered by Comey and that is what we are going to have to work with.

    You remain, re-instructed. (its not mandatory, you can ignore it if you wish, that is your perogative)

  • “You remain, re-instructed.”

    I have to tell you, Cotour, that this statement, repeated several times during this thread, is not only pandering and obnoxious and somewhat insulting to those you are debating, but it is achieving exactly the opposite of what you want: to convince your opponents of your argument. You should stop doing this, if only to be more successful in outlining your arguments.

    Note that I recognize your point that West was merely noting the possible positive political consequences of Comey’s decision. I also recognize Wayne and Edward’s point that West seems to almost celebrate the decision, something you would not expect from a sincere conservative who honors the Constitution and the law. Like them, my opinion of West went down considerably after reading his post, not because of his ability to recognize the political consequences of the situation but because he seemed completely unbothered by the harm the decision is inflicting on our governmental system.

  • Cotour

    More evidence that the FBI is treating her in a “special” way because of her now special situation being the presumptive Democrat candidate for president in which the people will be judging her at the poles on this.

    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/07/07/comey-hillarys-fbi-testimony-wasnt-under-oath-or-recorded-but-it-would-still-be-a-crime-to-lie/

    The rules for the moment, until November anyway, are modified for anyone running for president in similar unique circumstances. Obviously if she were to rob a bank this would not apply. (or would it?)

  • Cotour

    West is a military man of the highest order and has the highest respect for our system, he recognizes when he is winning in a battle. Nothing more and nothing less. In this case, his strategy will in time ensure your morality.

    You all owe him an apology for your narrow perspective and judgment.

  • Edward

    Cotour,
    You wrote: “No we are not.”

    Except that you include people who have gone over to the Democratic side, the side you still support. From your point of view, this is OK, but from my point of view, West’s instincts have become more liberal Democratic than they had seemed to be last month.

    “Recognizing is not conforming.”

    You misuse the word. West does not “recognize” so much as he advocates. He is telling us that it is a good thing that Clinton goes scot-free, for the alternate would have been more of a problem. Duh.

    “Again, ridiculous and more over, hysterical.”

    You are the one bragging that you are the re-educator.

    “You refuse to accept that she happens to exist in the political realm at the moment and must be judged by the people and not by the law that you and I would be subject to. This is an A typical situation and is being dealt with accordingly.”

    Now you are just lying. I understand and accept that she is a candidate. Duh. But you seem to be forgetting that the American people are willing to elect and reelect Democrats no matter what girl they left to die a horrible suffocating death while seeking a patsy for his mistake. Indeed, you are the one who says that without my vote, Clinton will be the next president. Now you say otherwise, as though there is some magic that happened.

    “You have entirely twisted Wests (and my) position,”

    This is why I use your own quotes. If your positions are not what you said or wrote, then that is your own fault. Find better wording, in the future.

    “Hence your continuing designation of I.D. (intellectually dishonest) which really surprises me.”

    Well, it is your own decision to declare that designation, so you really should not be nearly as surprised as I am:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_honesty

    “In the end you refuse to see Hillary’s situation as being unique”

    I addressed that, but then, maybe you are not reading my replies as well as you think you are. That would explain a lot of your own comments about them.

    “You remain, re-instructed.”

    I have been “re-instructed” with falsity, as any communist reeducation camp would do. I do not appreciate that kind of re-instruction. If I wanted that kind of instruction, I would go back to college, where the leftist professors indoctrinate their malleable students in socialism, liberalism, progressivism, and Obamaism.

  • Cotour

    “Except that you include people who have gone over to the Democratic side, the side you still support. From your point of view, this is OK, but from my point of view, West’s instincts have become more liberal Democratic than they had seemed to be last month.”

    Ridiculous. I would love for West to comment on that.

    “You are the one bragging that you are the re-educator.”

    There is no bragging going on. I have stated and restated my position and am confident in it, there has been no bragging (obnoxious, maybe) in the least. You tend to reform the words that have been used to suit your argument. Your argument, as is Wayne’s and now Zmans a bit hysterical IMO.

    The process is messy, and the closer to the corruption we get the messier we can all expect it to to become.

  • wayne

    Cotour:
    Oh come on…. “..a bit hysterical?” Really?
    I’d resent that remark, but it proves the underlying observation that all this “re-instructing” is a bit condescending.
    Some of us are concerned about West’s comment.
    I fully acknowledged he may not have meant it the way I read it. He took a hit to his rep, in my eyes, & concurrently as well, I’m not willing to denounce him 100% on just that factoid.
    Telling me how cunning, brilliant & strategic he really meant to be, doesn’t really help your case.

  • Edward

    Cotour,
    You wrote: “Ridiculous. I would love for West to comment on that.”

    He already did. Hence my own comments.

    “There is no bragging going on.”

    Well, I’m not sure how it sounds to you, but to me, “Consider yourselves re-instructed on this subject” sounds like you believe you have made an important accomplishment. It seems to be especially important to you, because you keep repeating it. I have to agree with Robert, on this, as you are not accomplishing what you think you are. So far, your viewpoint — the re-instruction — is the minority viewpoint. As I have stated before, this is because your viewpoint is farther to the left than ours, and West’s is farther to the left than we thought it was.

    West may still be farther to the right than you are, but to us, that does not mean as much as you likely think it does.

    “I have stated and restated my position and am confident in it”

    Your position is farther left than you seem to think. Your confidence confirms that you are not as conservative as you seem to believe you are.

    “Your argument, as is Wayne’s and now Zmans a bit hysterical IMO.”

    The left tends to laugh at those who believe in liberty, the constitution, and the rule of law for all (because for the left, the uniquely positioned people, such as Ted Kennedy and Bill and Hillary Clinton, can do anything they want — I wish I were making this up, but I have talked to liberal friends about it, for there are plenty around here, and they agree that the Democratic politicians are above the law and can even kill someone and still get their vote, huh, sounds like Trump’s claim a couple months ago). I am not surprised that you laugh, too.

    “The process is messy, and the closer to the corruption we get the messier we can all expect it to to become.”

    Which is why we should be against the messiness that it has become, not embrace it, as you (and your re-instruction) want us to do. Had the FBI recommended prosecution, government employees would have been put on notice that at least one part of the US government had not yet become corrupted. Instead, all government employees know that they can be Lois Lerners, Loretta Lynches, Hillary Clintons, Bill Clintons, or Ted Kennedys with impunity.

    Comey has made the US unsafe for any but liberal Democrat and progressive Democrat opinions. With his comments, West’s opinion moved in that direction. You may be too far to the left to have noticed, but the rest of us noticed, and it is no laughing matter.

  • Cotour

    Just pointing out something to you when I read this :

    “I fully acknowledged he may not have meant it the way I read it.”

    You have entirely and completely contradicted your position. That being said, how did you come to your conclusion about someone like West in regards to this subject and what he actually did say ? (if you indeed know anything about him)

    Are you just uncomfortable with his interpretation of how this potentially can now play out because it just sounds too raw and disrespectful to your patriotism and the order in which the world “should” operate? I can understand that but these things are not that neat and cut and dried as you would like them to be.

    Again, West recognizes the potential of these moves, Comey has delivered and will continue to deliver her over and over again to the public, whether he engineered that or not. (Comey may actually turn out to be the hero here and may be condemned for it) West is not gleefully saying what he said because he supports Hillary or has somehow become some Liberal minded transformer. West recognizes when he is winning, you all might also see something similar instead of wringing your hands.

    I propose that George Washington would readily recognize Wests point about down and dirty strategy and winning the day, would you also condemn him and label him as you label West?

  • wayne

    Cotour– check my 8:52pm comment on the 6th; “Maybe he did not intend it that way, but that is the way I took it. For me, his remarks don’t reflect well on him & I need to look into his record further.”
    I don’t know what I’m contradicting about what I have maintained throughout this thread. (maybe I should have specified, “recent-activities,” he hasn’t been in elected office for a time)

    Dude… you are waxing-poetically to no rational end-point. It might sound good as you type it, but is devoid of substance.

    We have at least a few people here, who are wondering how conservatively-reliable, West actually is.
    Don’t drape the guy in the Flag, his military service is commendable, but that doesn’t give him a free-pass in the political realm.

  • Cotour

    I will stand by my comments, and I will let Pat J. Buchanon support my contention and also decompress this post thread.

    http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/will-americans-elect-a-congenital-liar-president/#!

    Buchanon muses about Comey’s thinking: “I am not recommending prosecution, because, to do that, would be to force Hillary Clinton out of the race, and virtually decide the election of 2016. And that is my not decision. That is your decision.”

    Like I have stated, Comey in the end, playing this game, and make no mistake about it is a kind of game, may turn out to be a kind of martyr who will serve Hillary up over and over and over again over the following months so that the people will be informed related to the decision that only they can make, and he will be judged the devil by both sides.

    Comey is between a rock and a hard place but somehow knowing the system and what it will bring “free’s” Clinton and condemns her at the same time. Some nice work IMO.

  • Edward

    Cotour wrote: “(Comey may actually turn out to be the hero here and may be condemned for it)”

    Turning our country into a nation of people is *not* a heroic act. It is, at best, a selfish act, for Comey is in the group that is now above the law.

    Cotour wrote: “West recognizes when he is winning”

    Now you make my point for me. West’s winning position is the loss of liberty for We the People and the gain of tyranny for They the Rulers.

    Cotour wrote: “how did you come to your conclusion about someone like West in regards to this subject and what he actually did say ?”

    I read the blog post that was linked in the article you linked to. Thus, I know what he actually did say, and he clearly *is* delighted (all caps, too) that Comey did not recommend indictment. Specifically, 1) the title of the post: “Here’s why I’m DELIGHTED about the FBI’s verdict on Hillary”, and 2) his own words: “I can’t thank Director Comey enough for coming to this decision.”

    At best, West is offended by the decision. It barely bothers him at all. “This, Ladies and Gents, is the ‘policy of political corruption’ on full display. And it’s offensive to me, and should be to you, that these chuckleheads think so little of the American people.”

    Oops. It wasn’t the decision (affirmation of the US as a nation of men) that offends him, it is how little the chuckleheads think of the American people that offends him.

    West wrote in his blog: “So, is this the ‘new normal?’ Have we decided there are political elites who are indeed above the law? It appears that is the case…but I believe the final vote will be cast by the American people.”

    This is the same American people who continued to accept the (literal) lady killer, Ted Kennedy, as a Senator for decades, just because of his political party affiliation. The same people who reelected Obama after he created a tyranny within our country just because of his political party affiliation. We can’t count on a majority of voters to reject their Democratic Party heroine, Clinton.

    Prosecution for actual crimes committed is the much, much better thing to do than to ignore the crimes and let her seem the martyr of the Democratic Party, seemingly unfairly pursued by her Republican enemies.

    West is telling us that it is no longer the responsibility of government to be responsible to us but for We the People to do all our own protection from tyranny — and he is not going to help us to do it, either. This is an American people who have been completely indoctrinated into Obama’s tyranny and cannot even defend its high school girls from Obama’s mandate that horny, hormone-crazed, teenage boys be allowed to shower with them.

    West, Comey, Cruz, Ryan, you all, and I should be appalled that Clinton is not prosecuted for crimes worse than Petraeus or Snowden, but Comey assists in her escape from justice, West is delighted, and Cotour sides with West.

    Cruz and Ryan are troubled by our loss of rule of law, and I am angry. Phill O, Chris L, Wayne, and Robert seem concerned about it. Despite our vigilance, these past few years, we have lost our country. As Jerry Doyle asked: “Have You Seen My Country Lately?”
    http://wmbriggs.com/post/1724/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *