The last few days have not been good ones for American free speech and freedom. Not only have we seen violence perpetrated to silence the free expression of dissent, we have seen an effort after the fact to use that violence as a club for destroying any opposition to the liberal and leftist dogma that dominates the American political and academic community.
The following links will provide a nice overview of how our cultural elites, especially on the left, have responded to this weekend’s terrible events in Charlottesville, Virginia, where one person was killed and almost twenty injured when a car rammed into a crowd of competing racist demonstrators.
- Rob Reiner Rips Trump: ‘This Man Has Been Stoking Racism for Many, Many Years’
- MSNBC Republican Claims ‘Racist’ GOP Policies, Racist Rally ‘Is the Republican Party’
- Huffington Post: You Can Thank Trump For The White Nationalist Rampage
- CNNPolitics: A top Democrat says GOP is ‘the party of racism
- Philip Mudd Joke: CNN’s On-Air ‘Kill This Guy’ Trump Death Wish Continues
- Shannon Watts, Moms Demand Action blame Charlottesville violence on NRA, gun laws
- Charlottesville demonstrations: Law profs say white society at large bears responsibility
That is how our elites responded, not with conciliatory remarks aimed at bringing people together, but with anger and hate, hate of Trump, hate of the Republican Party, hate of the NRA, hate of whites, hate for anyone that dared disagree with their leftist agenda. Then, when Trump issued a statement condemning all violence in the name of bigotry, the response was equally hateful:
» Read more