Today the Republican leaders of the Pennsylvania state legislative rejected a resolution by 26 members of their caucus to open an investigation into the questions of election fraud in their state, claiming that they simply do not have time to address their resolution based on the state’s laws.
Speaker of the House Bryan Cutler, R-Lancaster County, and Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff, R-Centre County, said in a statement issued as the caucus broke that they agreed the state’s elections processes and procedures need a top-to-bottom review for consistency and fairness, but they said there is no time to take legislative action on this year’s results and they will not be calling the House back into session. Their joint statement read, in part:
“We are physically unable to consider any new legislation before the end of session. A simple resolution takes three legislative days for consideration and a concurrent resolution takes five legislative days to move through both chambers, which means we do not have the time needed to address any new resolutions in our current session,” which expires Monday as per the state constitution.
The Republican leaders made it clear they will address the election irregularities in their next session. Whoopie! By then it will be too late. I expect the same thing to now happen in Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Republican-controlled statehouses are going to acquiesce to these results, despite amply evidence that demands a thorough review. (And I say this even though my own Republican state representative, Mark Finchem, today called for Arizona to withhold its electoral votes. He might be fighting the good fight, but he is also fighting his own party leadership.)
Let me make several predictions:
1. Unlike the cries of election fraud against Trump in 2016, the charges now carry strong merit. But because these issues were not properly investigated, half the country is going to believe, with good cause, that this election was stolen, and that no future election can be trusted. In fact, a good percentage of Democratic voters now believe that as well, based on polls.
2. The last four years has seen endless spouts of hate and resistance from the left. Their policy has been to oppose Trump on everything, no matter what. Furthermore, they have not only lied repeatedly in attacking Trump and his supporters, they have often slandered individuals as well as worked to wreck their lives. (Their evident and proven lying is one reason so many people doubt the results November 3rd.)
These same people are now going to insist we all hold hands and love each other, because their candidate is now in office.
Sorry, but the voters who now feel they were robbed are not going to go along with this, even if their own Republican weasels bow to the Democrats and partner with them. The Democrats have provided our nation with a four year lesson in how to resist a presidency, in the most vile manner possible. They don’t have the right to ask Republicans for unity now now, and on the voter level I am sure they aren’t going to get it.
3. I fully believe that these state Republican leaders are lying when they say they are going to do a full review of the election process. As we have seen for decades, they are experts at failure theater. They make big noises about standing up to their opposition, but always fold like wet rags at the slightest pressure. They will do so again.
4. The result: The likelihood of a legitimate election occurring ever again in the United States is low, if not impossible. Assuming the Democrats did steal this election, the evidence suggests they were sloppy about doing it. Not only were the manipulations of the vote totals blatantly obvious, the Democrat’s unwavering opposition to any investigation suggests they knew their malfeasance would have been quickly uncovered.
They will not be so sloppy next time.
5. Furthermore, the lack of fight by too many Republicans post-election is going to rebound against them badly. As one very conservative friend told me yesterday, “Next election I’m voting straight Democrat. What’s the point giving these [deleted] bastards my vote, since they won’t do anything for me.”
Expect this sentiment to get repeated over and over. We might very well see it reflected in the Georgia senate run-offs in early January. We will also see more questionable vote counting tactics done in those elections, since Georgia’s Republican governor and Republican legislature have seemed most eager to allow those tactics to take place, with no review.
Whether we will even have an opposition Republican Party come 2024 is highly questionable. The nation is now going down the same road traveled by Venezuela, by Russia, by California, and many local urban American cities. Once these corrupt Democrats manage to game the system to their liking, they never let go.
6. Finally, that peaceful and trustworthy elections are likely no longer possible in America means Americans no longer have any peaceful options should the ruling powers do things that the public doesn’t like. Eventually, the response will be violence, and bloodshed, and brutality.
I am not calling for it. I am simply predicting that it will happen, all because the Democrats refused to accept the legality of the 2016 election and then used any means to steal the 2020 elections, and the Republicans stood by and let them do it.
7. And just remember, power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Democrats are gaining that absolute power. They’re coming for you next.
Now available in hardback and paperback as well as ebook!
From the press release: In this ground-breaking new history of early America, historian Robert Zimmerman not only exposes the lie behind The New York Times 1619 Project that falsely claims slavery is central to the history of the United States, he also provides profound lessons about the nature of human societies, lessons important for Americans today as well as for all future settlers on Mars and elsewhere in space.
Conscious Choice: The origins of slavery in America and why it matters today and for our future in outer space, is a riveting page-turning story that documents how slavery slowly became pervasive in the southern British colonies of North America, colonies founded by a people and culture that not only did not allow slavery but in every way were hostile to the practice.
Conscious Choice does more however. In telling the tragic history of the Virginia colony and the rise of slavery there, Zimmerman lays out the proper path for creating healthy societies in places like the Moon and Mars.
“Zimmerman’s ground-breaking history provides every future generation the basic framework for establishing new societies on other worlds. We would be wise to heed what he says.” —Robert Zubrin, founder of founder of the Mars Society.
All editions are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and all book vendors, with the ebook priced at $5.99 before discount. The ebook can also be purchased direct from my ebook publisher, ebookit, in which case you don't support the big tech companies and I get a bigger cut much sooner.
Autographed printed copies are also available at discount directly from me (hardback $24.95; paperback $14.95; Shipping cost for either: $5.00). Just email me at zimmerman @ nasw dot org.