Conscious Choice cover

From the press release: In this ground-breaking new history of early America, historian Robert Zimmerman not only exposes the lie behind The New York Times 1619 Project that falsely claims slavery is central to the history of the United States, he also provides profound lessons about the nature of human societies, lessons important for Americans today as well as for all future settlers on Mars and elsewhere in space.

 
Conscious Choice: The origins of slavery in America and why it matters today and for our future in outer space, is a riveting page-turning story that documents how slavery slowly became pervasive in the southern British colonies of North America, colonies founded by a people and culture that not only did not allow slavery but in every way were hostile to the practice.  
Conscious Choice does more however. In telling the tragic history of the Virginia colony and the rise of slavery there, Zimmerman lays out the proper path for creating healthy societies in places like the Moon and Mars.

 

“Zimmerman’s ground-breaking history provides every future generation the basic framework for establishing new societies on other worlds. We would be wise to heed what he says.” —Robert Zubrin, founder of founder of the Mars Society.

 

Available everywhere for $3.99 (before discount) at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and all ebook vendors, or direct from the ebook publisher, ebookit. And if you buy it from ebookit you don't support the big tech companies and I get a bigger cut much sooner.


California, home of masks and harsh lockdowns, has highest COVID-19 infection rate in nation

Chicken Little report: New data reveals that California, the home of insane mask mandates and irrational and harsh lockdowns, also has the worst COVID-19 infection rate in nation, with the most daily new cases per capita.

In fact, the infection rate in California appears to be between two to three times the rate in Florida, where the restrictions have been few in the last six months.

Gee, I wonder if there might be a connection between these insane lockdown rules and mask mandates and the increase in cases. Could it be that because the lockdowns force people indoors, where the virus can thrive, rather than being out in the open air and sunlight, where such viruses easily die, they are increasing the disease’s spread? Could it be that forcing everyone to wear unsanitary masks indiscriminately might actually be exposing them more to infection?

Could it? If you have an open mind you ask such questions. If you don’t, you huddle in your basement with a mask on in terror and fear, even as the virus explodes around you.

Readers!
 

Please consider donating to Behind the Black, by giving either a one-time contribution or a regular subscription, as outlined in the tip jar below. Your support will allow me to continue covering science and culture as I have for the past twenty years, independent and free from any outside influence.


Your support is even more essential to me because I keep this site free from advertisements and do not participate in corrupt social media companies like Google, Twitter, and Facebook. I depend wholly on the direct support of my readers.


You can provide that support to Behind The Black with a contribution via Patreon or PayPal. To use Patreon, go to my website there and pick one of five monthly subscription amounts, or by making a one-time donation. For PayPal click one of the following buttons:
 


 

Or with a subscription with regular donations from your Paypal or credit card account:


 

If Patreon or Paypal don't work for you, you can support Behind The Black directly by sending your donation by check, payable to Robert Zimmerman, to
 

Behind The Black
c/o Robert Zimmerman
P.O.Box 1262
Cortaro, AZ 85652

23 comments

  • Phill O

    Crowd everyone into fewer shops and make houses air-tight energy efficient. Yup, unintended consequences.

    California and New York have the biggest illicit drug problems. In Alberta, more people die from opiate overdoses than Covid-19
    https://tnc.news/2020/12/19/2020-to-be-deadliest-year-for-opioid-deaths-in-alberta/
    https://www.rebelnews.com/drug_related_deaths_have_skyrocketed_during_pandemic_public_health_agency_of_canada

    Governments need to wake up to the real crisis in the world. But then, IMHO, politicians would lose their kickbacks from the cartels.

  • Sayomara

    I met with my Uncle who was home from California last month, he lives in Sacramento area. He says no one is following the rules and its just a joke. Its to bad the people of California won’t vote our all these fools who have been given control over there lives. Rather than just keep voting for the same people who are trying to lock them up. Right now they are just empty rules made by empty people but at some point that is going to change.

  • Gary

    Vitamin “D”.. normally, a natural occurring California nutrient. Not so these days…

  • “In fact, the infection rate in California appears to be between two to three times the rate in Florida, where the restrictions have been few in the last six months.”

    This is an important point … lack of compliance with the diktats of Gavin the Worst does NOT explain the high California infection rate, despite what KOVID Karens will want to tell us.

  • janyuary

    In California, five days ago the local paper screamed that C19 was “surging” in my coastal county. They included the numbers of deaths and hospitalizations and “cases” to prove it! I did the arithmetic and after a year of lockdowns, less than three 100ths of one percent in this county have died, and at present, less than two 100ths of one percent are hospitalized. Many have tested positive (thus the “surge”) but very, very few have been made ill or died by the virus. A tiny number.

    THAT is the real story in California.

    The other thing I see with my eyes is that young Californian men, thank heaven, are the most likely demographic to be smart enough to know that the masks and social distancing are tools of war and people who think they are tools of medicine an obstacle to liberty and prosperity.

    And these young men will civilly but wisely treat them like obstacles; I know how intelligent young men behave. They will ignore the hysterical females in their lives who want to control them (unlike the older gents who blame wearing a mask on their wives, “I promised my wife …” hiding behind a woman’s skirts they are. I’m a female who was raised by males, and wasn’t born yesterday). I adore young men who respect liberty, “live and let live,” the rights of others, and the need to politely tell folks who are overstepping their bounds to blow it out their butts.

  • janyuary

    Gary: “Vitamin “D”.. normally, a natural occurring California nutrient. Not so these days…”

    Yes, it is true that marketing, be it an illness or a product, depends on Central Headquarters. Bullfrog sunscreen, the best on the market for human waterdogs, was never available at the local CVS or Walgreens except during summer. Nevermind that here people swim and play outdoors all year round and most of the time the sun is brazen enough for sunburn at mid day. At Central Headquarters, it is cold and maybe snowing, so it is taken off the shelves here.. Local independents carry Bullfrog year round, but local businesses are being squeezed out because government has made it impossible for them to compete economically with Central Headquarter companies. This C19 garbage is very much like that.

  • Edward

    Sayomara wrote: “[My Uncle] says no one is following the rules and its just a joke. Its to bad the people of California won’t vote our all these fools who have been given control over there lives.

    As I write this, I am breaking the “food and emergencies only” rule. I am outside of my house, writing this from a small commuter train depot, watching the trains go by. Traffic on the roads is fairly heavy, but rush hour is relatively light, despite no one having anywhere to go — officially.

    As for voting out the fools and tyrants, they have set up the election laws to assure their reelections, and if they can’t do it on election night, they legally have a week in order to legally “harvest” more votes — legal votes. They can cheat while looking like they were on the up and up.

  • D. Messier

    This is the surge in cases health officials warned us about. It’s happening all over the country. A record 3,903 people died of the virus yesterday. It’s a result of people traveling and having gatherings during the holidays. There is a lag between getting infected and showing symptoms. Often a longer lag with deaths. We’re probably beginning to feel the effects in new cases of Christmas. There will another big increase from New Year’s in January.

  • Questioner

    D. Messier:

    I don’t believe a word you say. Please prove that those 3,903 people really died from the virus yesterday! I’m telling you right here, you can’t! Because it’s a lie. Have an autopsy performed on a case-by-case basis. All possible causes of death are simply summarized under the title “Covid-19”. The only thing these dead people have in common is a positive PCR test (most of which are false positive), which is not even useful for detecting infection as it cannot distinguish between dead and reproductive viral material.

    Man, finally wake up and see the truth. Step back from the lie!

  • D. Messier

    Well, I could put my faith in experts who are following the pandemic. Or spend my time trying to convince some person who hides behind anonymity who for all anyone knows has no understanding or expertise in these areas whatsoever.

    The choice is obvious. Have a nice day.

  • wayne

    Dave Smith and Michael Malice
    The Red Pill
    https://youtu.be/8TBM0-OMsJE
    2:46

  • Edward

    D. Messier wrote: “This is the surge in cases health officials warned us about. It’s happening all over the country. A record 3,903 people died of the virus yesterday.

    O. M. G! How did the experts know that a surge was coming this time of year. This must be the first time in all of history that a flu increased in December and January. Those experts must really know their stuff.

    It isn’t as though last January they were telling us one thing, in February telling us to go to Chinatown, in March telling us masks don’t work so do not wear masks, in April telling us to stay in lockdown, shutdown, smackdown, Great Oppression in May, telling us that the Great Oppression would last until a vaccine was available, in June demanding that we wear masks, in Julyfretting over the (actually unique) second wave, in August giving us back a tiny bit of our God given freedom, in October giving us new rules for Halloween, in November setting yet another set of new rules for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and in December telling us that we now have to wait for our freedom until some unspecified number of people are given the vaccine while locking us down again hard.

    I’m tired of being Grubered, and I am tired of being screwed.

    Screw those experts. Screw all their spouses. Screw their kids. Screw their dogs. Screw the horses that they rode in on, and the fleas from those horses.

    While we are at it, screw those who blindly believe the experts, who have shown themselves to be completely incompetent for deviating from methods that have worked for centuries without mucking up our economies, our lives, and our families.

  • D. Messier

    OK Edward.

    Your screed makes no sense. It’s inaccurate. It’s full of mistakes and half truths and besides the points.

    You’re a giant bundle of resentments, a volcano spewing rage.

    There’s no point in even debating you. There are no common set of facts here. You’ve gone two exits past crazytown.

  • Questioner

    D. Messier:

    You’re giving up here because you have no real arguments. Instead, like everyone of the political left, you go down to the personal level and attack the other side as a person. So nothing new from the people of your kind.

  • Edward

    D. Messier,
    You wrote: “Your screed makes no sense. It’s inaccurate. It’s full of mistakes and half truths and besides the points.

    Your point was putting faith in the experts: “Well, I could put my faith in experts who are following the pandemic. Or … The choice is obvious.

    Since the alternative was unappealing, your obvious choice was to put faith in experts who continually change their minds.

    Or don’t you mean what you say?

    These experts change their minds not because of new data. They fail to change their minds to other data, such as showing that closing schools is useless in preventing the spread

    There’s no point in even debating you.

    Another case of projection. I do not care to debate you, as you haven’t debated well in the past.

    You’re a giant bundle of resentments, a volcano spewing rage.

    You bet your sweet buns I am! We all have been royally screwed by people who act like royalty, yet you want to put your faith in them even though your sweet buns are in pain from all that screwing. Would debating you change your mind? No. You seem to enjoy too much the treatment you are getting. One size does not fit all, and what you enjoy and want to continue, I do not and want it to end.

  • janyuary

    D Messier: “You’re a giant bundle of resentments, a volcano spewing rage.”

    Speaking for myself, Sr. Messier, and the rage I feel at being deprived of simple pleasures like having fish and chips with my mom down on the waterfront where we have been doing since the early 1960s, at seeing more storefronts closed when I go out, and worst of all at seeing children wearing full face masks while kayaking on a beautiful day.

    I wish wayne was here to link a quickie video clip of Jeremy Irons as Klaus von Bulow in “Reversal of Fortune,” when Alan Dershowitz’s character observes, “You’re a very strange man.” And von Bulow replies what I say to Messier about the seething rage in hundreds of thousands of Americans:

    “You have no idea.”

  • Cotour

    If you remember, it was several months ago I and others observed that logic would indicate that there would be a lessened or no Flu season this year in America and the world. And that is just common sense given the hyper awareness that people have developed regarding their hygiene, washing hands, not touching your face, and generally staying away from others, and the “Other” incentives for such a shift.

    Well that observation has now been apparently realized and now everything that resembles a Flu or Covid is classified as Covid. And we have di$cu$$ed the real world reason$ and incentive$ for much of that. (THIS is NOT rocket science)

    https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/influenza-levels-continue-cratering-some-cite-covid-measures-even-covid

    “Rates of influenza have remained persistently low through late 2020 and into 2021, cratering from levels a year ago and raising the puzzling specter of sharply reduced influenza transmission rates even as positive tests for COVID-19 have shattered numerous records over the last several weeks. Where have all the flu cases gone?”

    “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly influenza surveillance tracker reports that the cumulative positive influenza test rate from late September into the week of Dec. 19 stands at 0.2% as measured by clinical labs. That’s compared to a cumulative 8.7% from a year before.”

    Thats got to screw with the death rate statistics of Covid and it must in real terms dial that number down and not up. By how much? I am not certain, maybe Rose could take a stab at it? Lots if interesting motivating and epidemiological factors to be figured into that calculation.

  • D. Messier

    Arguing with people who are in a rage and have already made up their minds no matter what is a useless exercise. It’s like arguing with an angry 5 year old. As long as you can find people who don’t know what they’re talking about to validate whatever resentments and beliefs you have, you’re going to hold to your beliefs regardless of how ill informed they are or how lacking in credibility the source. It’s one of the worst aspects of the Internet and social media. Anyone can make any claim they want, and it gets instantly transmitted and spread.

  • Edward

    D. Messier,
    You wrote: “Arguing with people who are in a rage and have already made up their minds no matter what is a useless exercise.

    And yet here you are, with your best argument being that you put your faith in people who have repeatedly lied to you out of fear and panic. You have presented no counter argument that was intended to change my mind, but you simply declare my mind unchangeable so that you can pretend to make a point as to why you have no contradicting evidence.

    Even the World Health Organization is begging governments around the world to end their counterproductive lockdowns.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/who-official-urges-world-leaders-to-stop-using-lockdowns-as-primary-virus-control-method/ar-BB19TBUo

    “Look what’s happened to smallholder farmers all over the world. … Look what’s happening to poverty levels. It seems that we may well have a doubling of world poverty by next year. We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition.” [Elipsis in original]

    The WHO has made up their minds, too, and like me they did so on the evidence before them. You made up you mind based upon faith in those who have demonstrated that they are undeserving of anyone’s faith.

  • D. Messier

    Edward:

    If you’re really concerned with people who lied to you during this pandemic, then you would focus your rage on Donald Trump and his minions for how badly they misled everyone about the severity of the crisis and botched the response. It’s why the death toll has exceeded 350,000 and continues to rise.

  • Edward

    D. Messier,
    You wrote: “If you’re really concerned with people who lied to you during this pandemic, then you would focus your rage on Donald Trump and his minions for how badly they misled everyone about the severity of the crisis and botched the response.

    This is the problem with putting your blind faith in the liars. They told you lies about Trump, and you believed them unquestioningly, embarrassing yourself for all these months since.

    On the other hand, I don’t know what I may have said that gives you the idea that I blindly believe Trump or follow his own directives, orders, and edicts. You not only put your faith in liars, but you assume you know me. You know what happens when you assume, don’t you? You make an ass out off yourself.

    You may want to consider my previous comments before you assume that you know who I am fanatical about or who I consider as a hero.

    Meanwhile, my own research on the subject has shown more truth than you have shown, or than you have outside of your faith.

  • wayne

    Doctor Fauci/Doctor Robert
    Beatles Parody
    April 2020
    https://youtu.be/KYnV6910Ktk
    2:14

Readers: the rules for commenting!

 

No registration is required. I welcome all opinions, even those that strongly criticize my commentary.

 

However, name-calling and obscenities will not be tolerated. First time offenders who are new to the site will be warned. Second time offenders or first time offenders who have been here awhile will be suspended for a week. After that, I will ban you. Period.

 

Note also that first time commenters as well as any comment with more than one link will be placed in moderation for my approval. Be patient, I will get to it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *